23/05/2014

The relationship between ME, AF and DV

I posted here about the relationship between ME, AF and DV, but now I've turned that info into two calculators that will allow you to approximate a player's current ME if you know their DV and AF, but also allow you to estimate a player's potential DV based on a value for average form and an amount of match experience. Note that the DV calculator will probably become inaccurate for ME values > 500 (or where a player has more than five times the ME required for DV to equal AF, which is impossible in most leagues), and that these calculators won't be accurate for players aged 33 or over.

Note that the calculators will take a decimal value for average form, so if you are VIP you may be able to get a more accurate figure from the form graph to use.

Match experience calculator



Development value calculator


4 comments:

  1. Aperson here, if a player requires approximately 4/14 matches to reach 100% match experience, would playing 8/14 mean that they would reach 200% experience or is that target higher? Is it realistic to expect a 20 year old to be able to reach 200% experience?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the experience gained is pro rata, so if a player needs 4 games to get 100%, they need 8 games to get 200%.

    I believe there was a GK got to over 600% back when I was on the advisory board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ape: Cheers, I was only asking because I had a 20 year old midfielder who was still struggling to make it to 17 DV before the final game of the season, but he made it and got a double jump after hitting 17 on the final day. I've had the Cr now so the query is behind me but good to know.

    Is there any way to know exactly how much match experience is gained proportionate to the skill of your mentors/the opposition? I know its weighted 60% to the mentors but with 21 year olds in my team now they will need a lot more playing time than before. Also, if the avearge age was between 25 and 29, could a 21/9 act as a mentor for say an 18/5?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid I don't really have figures for how much ME a player can gain from mentors or opposition.

      A 21/9 can quite feasibly mentor an 18/5 though, since from my experience skill is more important than age for mentors.

      Delete